Pampering on the Go
I don't know about you, but spring is one of the absolute busiest times of the year. Fulfilling orders and gearing up for summer markets has me running at full speed, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though we must "embrace the race", it's important to take time for ourselves. Unfortunately, not everyone has time for a detoxifying bubble bath or an evening of facials (I sure don't!). Luckily, I've found some ways to pamper myself without adding extra time to my already hectic schedule, and I must say, they really brighten my mood throughout the week!
Bath bombs are...well...the bomb. Unfortunately, they require a bath (I mean...it's in the name) which I rarely have time for. These shower tabs could not be simpler (or cheaper!) to make and are a great way to fit a little pampering into your morning or nightly routine. I like to make a few on the weekend and pop them in the shower whenever I need a little boost.
To make them, you'll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- Essential oil(s) of your choice
- Mix the baking soda and water in a bowl. It should be clumpy. This is good! You don't want it to be a paste or runny.
- Mix in 40 drops (or more) of your chosen essential oils.
- Divide into a muffin tin or a silicon mold and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. When the tabs are dry to the touch, you know they are done. Take out of the oven, let cool, then add a few more drop of essential oil on top.
- To free from the mold, simply turn your tray upside down or work out of the silicon mold.
- Store in an airtight container until ready for use!
Some of my favorite scents are:
- Allergy/Sinus - 20 drops peppermint and 20 drops eucalyptus
- Morning/Energizing - 30 drops orange and 10 drops peppermint
- Bedtime - 20 drops lavender and 20 drops peppermint
- Cleansing/Clarifying - 30 drops lemon and 10 drops tea tree
Whether at home or your office, these sprays are a great way to brighten up any space. I personally love to keep one in my gym bag.
- A small spray bottle (glass, metal, plastic...it's up to you)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheap vodka
- Essential oil(s) of choice
- Pour your water and vodka into your container (or a bowl if it won't all fit...you can use a funnel to pour it in after you've made your mix).
- Add 20 drops or more of your chosen essential oils. Give it a quick shake and spritz away!
*The vodka disperses the oils evenly so you won't have to shake it before every use. And it leaves behind no smell so you won't smell like an essential oil alcoholic, either.
Some of my favorite combos are:
- Brightening - 10 drops of orange and 10 drops of jasmine
- Comforting - 5 drops of clove, 10 drops of cinnamon, and 5 drops of orange
- Bedtime - 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of chamomile, or simply 20 drops of lavender
I am awful at remembering to drink water (although somehow I always remember to drink coffee haha). I find I tend to drink more water when it has a bit of flavor, but I hate watching a pitcher of water with fruit in it slowly disintegrate in my fridge, and I don’t have the time to chop up fruit every day. I solve this by freezing my fruit to keep it from going bad and it lets me create however much spa water I need for that day. I love to throw a few pieces of fruit in my water cup as I fly out the door, letting me enjoy fresh, fruity water on the go all day long.
- Cut the fruit I've selected for that week and store it in a ziplock bag in my freezer until ready for use.
- Each day I grab the fruits I want and throw them in my cup and I'm ready to go!
Some of my favorite combos are:
- Orange and Rosemary
- Lime and Mint
- Lemon and Strawberry
I hope this post helps add some extra pampering to your week without all the hassle! You deserve it, after all.