Our Ingredients (aka What Am I Eating?)
At Ungrained, we think you have a right to know what exactly it is you're munching on, so here is a comprehensive list of all our ingredients. You will notice that this post isn't very long. That's because, really, we don't have a lot of explaining to do...and that's just the way it should be.
1. Almond Flour - Chock-full of heart-healthy fats and protein, get in my belly.
2. Arrowroot Flour - A starchy root that looks kind of like an alien potato, except it comes straight from the Earth.
3. Potato Starch - It is exactly what the name suggests; the starchy parts of the potato.
4. Maple Syrup - The real stuff, not that high-fructose corn syrup crap.
5. Honey - We use local because Ohio is the bees knees.
6. Eggs - Local and pasture-raised, because we like the taste of freedom.
7. Vanilla and Extracts - Pure vanilla with grain-free alcohols because we are serious of that grain-free life. Any other flavorings are actual extracts as opposed to "natural flavorings" or "FDA approved flavors"...whatever that is supposed to mean.
8. Baking Powder - Once again, grain-free. Seriously, it's a matter of honor.
9. Palm Shortening - AKA coconut derived shortening that has not been hydrogenated or sourced from genetically ruined...er..."modified" crops. Ours is sustainably sourced.
10. Sea Salt - Stronger taste equals less used equals less sodium. Your doctor called. He says that's cool. So go ahead and have two cupcakes.
1. Almond Flour- Plain and simple.
2. Arrowroot Flour - The alien potato.
3. Potato Starch - We already went over this.
4. EnerG Egg Replacer - A blend of potato starch, tapioca flour, and leavening agents. Magic.
5. "Butters" - Vegan butter or palm shortening, depending on the recipe.
6. Pure Maple Syrup - Again...the good stuff.
7. Gluten Free Baking Powder - Self-explanatory.
8. Milks - Coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk...all of the milks...except the ones that baby animals drink.
9. Organic Canola Oil - The absolute best we can find.
10. Sea Salt - Like...from the sea.
11. Gluten free vanilla and extracts - Pure and simple.
12. Powdered Cane Sugar - We use this in our vegan buttercream.
That's it. Really. So go ahead and raise a cookie (or two) to the desserts your body deserves.